How to report Abuse?
Posted by Roy Premchand, Last modified by Roy Premchand on 19 April 2018 - 13:44:45
If you wish to report abuse, please mail 3W Infra’s Abuse Department, with specific details regarding the abuse, including the IP address from which the abuse is suspected and the type of abuse you would like to report. You may either open a ticket in the 3W Infra Client Area or send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please follow the requirements stated below when reporting an abuse notification about content hosted by 3W Infra. To avoid a delayed or faulty processing of your notification, it is imperative that you follow these guidelines:
- Ensure that the notification is submitted in plain text;
- Submit the notification in the English language;
- Do not send any notifications from a no-reply email address;
- Include your name, address, telephone number and email address;
- The notification should refer to an IP address from where the reported content is located or from which the reported conduct occurred;
- The notification should reference a static URL that from where the reported content is located or from which the reported conduct occurred;
- Only include one IP address per notification. If you wish to submit a notification for more than one IP address, please send multiple notifications;
- Only include URLs or domains in your abuse notification for which you are seeking resolution;
- Provide a description of the content or conduct that you wish to report and why this is infringing your rights or violating applicable law or the applicable Acceptable Use Policy;
- For trademark infringement notifications: the registration details (including registration number) for the infringed trademark;
- For hacking, VOIP/SIP Scanning, (D)Dos and malicious software: a description of the illegal activities, including date and timestamp, the IP address of servers that are subject of the illegal activities, the destination port, source port and log files.
With regards to copyright infringement, please also follow the additional requirements stated below:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or if multiple copyrighted works at a single site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to allow 3W Infra to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to allow 3W Infra to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an email address;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are copyright owner or authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.