Senior Support Engineer
In case you’re fond of taking smart risks, able to roll with the punches and accept challenges, you might fit in with 3W Infra’s culture of innovation. We will totally embrace you if you got what it takes. Do you truly believe, just as our founders, that 3W Infra is able to make a REAL difference as a pure-play IaaS solutions provider in the worldwide hosting industry? Then don’t hesitate any further and please let us know.
What You’ll Be Doing
As a Senior Support Engineer, the primary responsibilities will be supporting the customers running their services on and off premises. You ensure timely and adequate internal and external communication and coordination, and make a constructive contribution to the realization of the department’s and organizational objectives.
- Support our customers, ensuring their infrastructures stay up and running 24/7
- Setup customer’s and internal infrastructures, such as servers, racks, cabling and network equipment
- Talking staff or customers through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the telephone/internet, to help set up systems or resolve issues
- Troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults replacing parts as required, including handling RMA
- Rapidly establishing a good working relationship with customers and other partners, such as hardware vendors, transit providers and data centers
- Due to 24/7 operations of the support team, it is required to provide coverage overnight, on weekends and holidays
- Act as a backup for the Team Leader of our 24/7 support team
- Support and coach fellow support engineers in their work
What We’ll Expect From You
We still consider ourselves a start-up, so in case you’re fond of taking smart risks, able to roll with the punches and accept challenges, you might fit in with 3W Infra’s culture of innovation. We will totally embrace you if you got what it takes. Do you truly believe, just as our founders, that 3W Infra is able to make a real difference as a pure-play IaaS solutions provider in the worldwide hosting industry? Do you have experience in a hosting and/or data center environment? Have you got the skills to understand and act on customer needs? Do you have a pro-active, hands-on mentality?
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 7+ years’ experience in hosting and/or data center environment
- Knowledge of server and network equipment
- Knowledge of various operating systems, preferably Linux.
- Network knowledge (adjusting DNS/Netmask/gateway/etc.)
- Knowledge of load balancer and firewall hardware and software
- Methodical analysis, troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- Enthusiastic, open and inspiring personality
- A good command of English, verbal and written
- A valid (category B) driver’s license
About 3W Infra
Founded in 2014 by some Internet and hosting industry veterans, 3W Infra is a pure-play Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) hosting provider headquartered in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. The company’s enterprise-grade hosting solutions – tailored to the specific needs of each customer – are engineered for scalability and cost-efficiency, with cloud-enabling services including dedicated servers, colocation, IP transit, and high-level customer support with remote hands.
As a fast-growing company aiming for sustainable growth, 3W Infra has already 3,000 dedicated servers under management, while its global network now exceeds 160 Gbps of available bandwidth. 3W Infra’s customer base includes some of the largest Internet, broadcasting and cloud services companies in Europe and beyond.
What We Offer
You will be joining a fast moving organization, with a great working environment and good career prospects. We offer a competitive salary, travel allowance, and 25 days of paid time-off.
Want To Know More Or Wish To Apply?
For more information please drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or send us your CV and cover letter.